Drunk man attempts to re-enter bar with a knife, police say | Crime
MONROE, NC - A drunk man who was kicked out of a Monroe bar, attempted to get back in while holding a knife, police say.
According to a Monroe Police report, Rogelio Perez was kicked out of the Taqueria Mexico Lindo along the 2700 block of Walkup Avnue early Saturday morning.
A bouncer told police he had kicked Perez out of the bar and Perez went to his truck, got a knife and came back towards the bar.
The bouncer told officers he went inside the bar, locked the door and called police.
According to the report, Perez was still sitting in his truck when police arrived at Taqueria Mexico Lindo just before 12:30 a.m.
Officers say they asked Perez to step out of the truck, but he was uncooperative during the arrest. He was taken to Carolinas Medical Center-Union because of what police called "his extreme intoxication."
He was later taken to the Union County Jail and was charged with resisting arrest.
Upcoming Events near Union County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map