Man found dead in home, ruled as homicide, deputies say | Crime
MARSHVILLE, NC (WBTV)- Deputies say a Union County man was found dead in his home Thursday afternoon.
The incident was reported at 9 a.m. on the 3600 block of Holly School Road, according to a news release from the Union County Sheriff's Office.
Charles Ronald Godwin, 60, was found dead in the home by family and coworkers.
Sheriff's detectives and agents from the State Bureau of Investigation processed the scene for most of the day on Thursday, and have deemed the death a homicide.
There are no suspects in custody, and investigators are actively following up on leads.
Anyone with information concerning this crime is asked to call the Union County Sheriff's Office. Lead investigator for this case is Detective Sergeant Brian Helms.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Union County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map